You can now broadcast your adventures LIVE with a GoPro! To get started, you’ll need an iPhone 5S, 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+ with iOS 8.2 or above and a GoPro Hero 4.
Setting up GoPro:
1. Install the GoPro app from the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your GoPro with your iPhone.
3. After pairing, go to Settings App > Wifi > Select your GoPro
4. Make sure your GoPro is in Video mode, then open Periscope and tap the Broadcast tab to begin. Check out the GoPro camera toggle.
IMPORTANT GoPro Broadcasting Notes
- iPhone 5, 5c devices will broadcast, but will not save the broadcast to your camera roll. iPhone 5S and up are fully supported devices.
- The Hero 4 session is not supported at this time.
- Do not leave the Periscope app while broadcasting. Leaving Periscope will end the broadcast.
- Swipe Right during a broadcast to select which camera source you’d like to broadcast from (GoPro, front-facing iPhone, or back iPhone). You can also double tap the screen to toggle between the iPhone and GoPro cameras.
- You can lock the screen by tapping lock screen. Unlock by swiping across the top. This comes in handy if you need to slip your iPhone in your pocket and prevent accidental taps.
Broadcasting Best Practices
- Try sharing a new perspective. We’re now able to broadcast experiences we couldn't with a phone.
- Share it on Twitter! Broadcasts play LIVE on your Twitter feed.
- Share with your followers and keep broadcasts from 3-5 minutes long.